I used to think I had to solution to overcome limiting beliefs. What I am finding as I continue on this self growth journey is that you will never overcome them. Jeesh, how motivational…right? They will always come back up. True to my story they seem to come up at the most opportune times…usually right before I am about to level up. You know the exact moment you need them the least.
This is what I know now having weathered the storm of recognizing my own limiting beliefs, healing and writing a new narrative around them, they grow and evolve as you do. They may change slightly and you may get new ones but at the core you will always find those OG limiting beliefs. Somehow they always find a new way to show up and stop you. So what do we do? How do we find a new place with our limiting beliefs?
After two years researching and learning as much as I could about how someone dreams. I find limiting beliefs to be one of the biggest hurdles. They are closely related to narratives you tell yourself about who you are. Since you will never outrun them here is what you can do to start to work towards a better place managing their existence.
Five Steps to Start Owning Your Limiting Beliefs
- Explore the Origin Source – Trace your steps all the way back to the place your limiting belief originated.
- Write a New Narrative – Now that we established we don’t want to believe that limit we can write what we would like to believe instead and start the work to shift that belief.
- Develop Habits for Proof – Tricking you mind with quotes only works for so long. Eventually your mind will require proof of the shift. So start the work developing the proof through good habits that support your new narrative writing.
- Pay Attention to Triggering Activities – They aren’t going away so start paying attention to what triggers your limiting beliefs. Write down when, where, how you felt, and what took you over the edge. Paying attention to the activity will start to show you a pattern.
- Develop a Game Plan – Once you understand your triggers work on how you will rescue yourself when they come up. What works for you is unique but you can start testing what works as you uncover your triggers and explore solutions.
This is what helped me what has worked for you?